Marlon Brando & Jean Simmons - Guys and Dolls - I'll Know


I'LL KNOW ( YO SABRÉ...)
For I've imagined every bit of him
Lo que yo había imaginado un poco sobre él...
To the strong moral fiber to the wisdom in his head
Desde su fuerte moral a la sabiduría de su cabeza
To the home-y aroma of his pipe
Su casa y el aroma de su pipa de fumar
You have wished yourself a Scarsdale Galahad
Habías deseado verte como un Scardale Galahad
The breakfast-eating, Brooks-brothers type.
Tomando el desayuno, al estilo de los Brooks brothers
Yes, and I shall meet him when the time is right.
Sí, lo conocería cuando fuera el momento adecuado

SKY. (spoken) You've got the guy all figured out.
SKY (Brandon, hablado). /Ya tienes el tipo que habías imaginado
SARAH (spoken) I have./ Lo tengo
SKY (spoken) Including what he smokes. All figured out, huh? Incluido lo que fuma. Todo imaginado, no?
SARAH (spoken) All figured out. Todo imaginado.
I'll know when my love comes along
Yo sabré cuando mi amor llegue
I won't take a change. /
No lo cambiaré por nada
I'll know he'll be just what I need. /
Sabré que él es justo lo que necesito
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance. /
No será un rollo de una noche
And you'll know at a glance by the two-pair of pants. /
Y lo sabré de un sólo vistazo
I'll know by the calm steady voice /
Lo sabré por el tono calmado de su voz
Those feet on the ground./
Y aquellos pies en la tierra
I'll know as I run to his arms /
Y sé que correré hacia sus brazos
That at last I've come home safe and sound./
Y que al final volveré a casa sana y salva
Until then, I shall wait. /
Hasta entonces, esperaré
Until then, I'll be strong./
Hasta entonces, seré fuerte
Oh, I'll know, when my love comes along./
Oh, lo sabré cuando mi amor llegue

SKY. (spoken) No, no, no! You are talking about love! You can't dope it like that. What
are you picking, a guy or a horse? /No, no, no, estás hablando de amor! No puedes adulterarlo así! Qué estás eligiendo, un hombre o un caballo?
SARAH (spoken) I wouldn't expect a gambler to understand./ No espero que un jugador lo entienda!
SKY (spoken) Would you like to hear how a gambler feels about the big heart throb?/ Quieres oir cómo un jugador siente el latido de su corazón?
SARAH (spoken) /No! No!
SKY (spoken) Well, I'll tell you. /Bien, te lo diré.

Mine will come as a surprise to me. /Llegó a mí como una sorpresa
Mine I lead to chance and chemistry. /Seguí a la suerte y la química
SARAH (spoken) Chemistry? /Química?
SKY (spoken) Yeah, chemistry. /Sí, química.

Suddenly I'll know when my love comes along / De pronto, sabré cuando mi amor llegue
I'll know then and there/ Sabré cuando y donde
I'll know at the sight of her face /Lo sabré en una señal de su cara
How I care, how I care, how I care /Cómo me gustará, me gustará me gustará
And I'll stop. And I'll stare. Y me detendré./ Y la miraré fijamente

And I'll know long before we can speak /Y lo sabré todo antes de que hablemos
I'll know in my heart. /Lo sabré en mi corazón
I'll know and I won't ever ask /Lo sabré y nunca preguntaré
Am I right, am I wise, am I smart. /Tengo razón, soy listo, soy guapo...
And I'll stop. And I'll stare. /Y me detendré, la miraré fijamente
At that face. In the throng. /A la cara, en medio de la multitud
Yes, I'll know when my love comes along /Sí, sabré cuando mi amor se presente
I'll know /Lo sabré
When my love comes along. /Cuando mi amor se presente

I'll know. I will take a chance. /Lo sabré. Tendré una oportunidad
I know he'll be just what I need /Sé que él será justo lo que necesito
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance. /No será un rollo de una noche
Until then, I shall wait. /Hasta entonces, esperaré
And till then, I'll be strong. /Hasta entonces, seré fuerte.
Oh, I'll know when my love comes along./Oh, sabré cuando mi amor llegue

Comentarios